Candace Cameron Bure is none other than an American actress as well as producer & director. She is best known for her role on Full House as D.J. Tanner, which she reprised on Fuller House as D.J. Tanner-Fuller. She’s also recognized for her work with Hallmark Channel. She played the title character in the film adaptation of the Aurora Teagarden novel series and has been in numerous holiday films.
Candace Cameron Bure was born on April 6, 1976, in Panorama City, Los Angeles, California, to Robert and Barbara Cameron. Cameron was the youngest of four children. Candace Cameron wanted to pursue acting after watching her older brother Kirk Cameron (who portrayed Mike Seaver on the television sitcom Growing Pains (1985) for seven seasons) do so. She guest-starred on episodes like Punky Brewster (1984), St. Elsewhere (1982), and Who’s the Boss? (1984).
Bure appeared on episodes of “St. Elsewhere, Growing Pains, and Who’s the Boss?” as a guest star. In an episode of the sitcom Punky Brewster in 1985, Bure played Jennifer Bates. She appeared in the teen comedy Some Wonderful in 1987 as Eric Stoltz’s younger sister.
Bure’s most notable role was Donna Jo “D.J.” Tanner, the oldest daughter of Bob Saget’s Danny Tanner, on the ensemble sitcom Full House, premiered in 1987. Bure was in the series for all eight seasons until 1995.
She appeared in Camp Cucamonga, an adventure comedy, while still on Full House.
Cameron appeared as “Candace the Science Gal” in a Bill Nye The Science Guy episode and the aborted pilot Real Mature.
She was also in the feature picture Punchline, starring Tom Hanks and Sally Field.
Bure co-hosted the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards alongside Full House co-star Dave Coulier and David Faustino in 1990 and Joey Lawrence and Marc Weiner in 1994.
Cameron married Valeri Bure, a Russian NHL hockey player, on June 22, 1996. During a charity hockey tournament, her Full House co-star Dave Coulier introduced the pair.
They have two sons and a daughter. Natasha Bure, her 18-year-old daughter, competed in season 11 of The Voice. Pavel Bure, a hockey legend, is her brother-in-law. Maksim, her son, graduated from Alexandria, Minnesota’s Northstar Christian Academy in May 2021.
Bure is a Republican who is known for his conservatism. She converted to Christianity when she was 12 years old, and she attributes her marriage to her faith. In her early twenties, she struggled with bulimia nervosa.
Compassion International is a cause that Bure supports. Through this charity, the Bure family sponsors three youngsters.
List of Movies
- Some Wonderful.
- The Krew.
- Faith of Our Fathers.
- Monster Mash.
- The Wager.
List of T.V. shows
- The Christmas Contest.
- If I Only Had Christmas.
- A Shoe Addict’s Christmas.
- Journey Back to Christmas.
- Just The Way You Are.
- Let It, Snow.
- Truth Be Told
- Puppy Love
- night cream
- Visitors of the Night
- Sharon’s Secret
- Twice in a Lifetime
- Moonlight and Mistletoe
- That’s So Raven
- The Heart of Christmas
- Dancing with the Stars
- The Neighbors
- Aurora Teagarden
- Fuller House
- The View
- Nickelodeon’s Unfiltered
- Make It or Break It
- St. Elsewhere
- Punky Brewster
- T. J. Hooker
- Boy Meets World
- Growing Pains
- Some Kind of Wonderful – 1987
- Monster Mash – 1995
- The Krew – 2001
- Punchline – 1988
- The Wager – 2007
- Faith of Our Fathers – 2015
- Growing Pains – 1988
- The Neighbors – 2014
- Puppy Love – 2012
- T. J. Hooker – 1984
- Boy Meets World – 1997
- St. Elsewhere – 1982 to 1984
- The Neighbors – 2014
- Just The Way You Are – 2015
- A Christmas Detour – 2015
- Christmas Under Wraps – 2014
- Puppy Love – 2012
- Let It Snow – 2013
- Christmas Under Wraps – 2013
- Finding Normal – 2013
- Whole house – 1987 to 1995
- Christmas Town – 2019
- If I Only Had Christmas – 2020
- Nickelodeon’s Unfiltered – 2020
- The Christmas Contest – 2021
- Fuller House – 2016 to 2021
She acted in a music video in 2018 that is “Joy” by “Forking & Country .”Where she was a news presenter.
Awards & Nominations
Cameron Bure was nominated for Young Artist Awards in the Young Artist Awards in 1988 for Little Spies.
1989, 1990,1991,1992,1993, was nominated for the “Young Artist Awards.” Best Young Actress”. Starring in a Television Comedy Series ” Full House.”
Finally, in 1994 she won the best young actress award for “Full house.”
In 2017 she was nominated for “Daytime Emmy Awards” for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host on “The view.”
In 2017 Cameron won the “Teen Choice Awards” for “Fuller House.”
In 2018,2019,2020 & 2021, Cameron was nominated for the Kids choice awards for her “Fuller House” series.
Candace Cameron Bure’s Religious Beliefs Have Become a Source of controversies.
Cameron Bure’s beliefs were most prominently displayed during her time on The View. The former child star fought with leftist co-hosts on several issues, including gun control and the rights of LGBTQ and same-sex couples. However, after her stint on the program, Cameron Bure’s social media became another forum where she was scrutinized.
Candace Cameron Bure and her husband Valeri Bure have been married for more than 20 years.
Candace Cameron Bure has a $14 million net worth as an actress, novelist, and reality television personality in the United States. Valerie Bure, a retired professional hockey player, has a combined net worth of more than $20 million with her husband of more than 20 years. Cameron Bure is best known for playing D.J. Tanner on the hit television show “Full House” as a child and later on “Fuller House” reboot as an adult.
Unknown Facts About Candace Cameron Bure
- Candace has an older brother named Kirk, who starred in the 1980s sitcom Growing Pains. P.S.: Season 7 of the hit show featured Leonardo DiCaprio!
- The couple has three children together – Natasha, Lev, and Maksim.
- Her first kiss occurred on-screen in the spin-the-bottle episode “13 Candles” for Full House.
- Candace wrote four books. That is – Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness (2011), Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose (2014), Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction (2015) and Staying Stylish: Cultivating a Confident Look, Style, and Attitude (2017).
- Candace is a gym rat constantly posting pictures with her trainer, Kira Stokes.
- Candace is also a beauty aficionado! She likes to pair a strong lip with a simple eye look. Covergirl’s “Garnet Flame” Lipstick is a favorite of hers.
- Candace loves to accessorize. She wears a lot of shiny earrings and dainty necklaces.