Franka Potente is a famous actress, singer, voice actor, and screenwriter. She stepped into the entertainment industry in 1995. She has done both movies and TV series. Her debut film is “After Five in the Forest Primeval.” Including the German Film award, she got many awards for her glorious acting career.
On 22 July 1974, Franka Potente was born in Munster, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Franka is 48 years old (as of 2022). Her nationality is German. Her Zodiac sign is Cancer. Her father’s name is Dieter Potente, and her mother is Hildegard Potente. Her father is a teacher. Franka has one sibling. Her brother’s name is Stefan Potente. She studied at Otto Falckenberg School. She completed her graduation in 1994.
Franka Potente started her career in 1995 through the movie “After Five in the Forest Primeval.” Then she appeared in a TV series titled “Coming In” in 1997. After one year, she did a movie named “Run Lola Run’ and ‘Am I Beautiful?”. In 1998, she did a TV series, “Opernball.”
In 1999, she did two movies such as Downhill City and Paradise Mall. Next year, she did another movie, “Anatomy” and “The Princess and the Warrior.” Another film of her “Blow” (2001), was directed by famous director Ted Demme. In the movie “The Bourne Identity,” she played the character of Marie Kreutz.
Gradually, she appeared in numerous movies like Blow, Storytelling, All I Want, I Love Your Work, Anatomy 2, and so on. Her most famous movie was “The Bourne Supremacy,” directed by Paul Greengrass. The movie was released in 2004.
Franka also appeared in several TV shows and series. The Shield, Manhunt, The Bridge, House, and Psych are some of her famous TV series. But she gained the most popularity through “Beate Uhse: Das Recht Auf Liebe” and “The Sinking of the Laconia.”
- After Five in the Forest Primeval (1995)
- Am I Beautiful (1998)
- Run Lola Run (1998)
- Downhill City (1999)
- Paradise Mall (1999)
- The Princess and the Warrior (2000)
- Anatomy (2000)
- Storytelling (2001)
- Blow (2001)
- All I Want (2002)
- The Bourne Identity (2002)
- Blueprint (2003)
- I Love Your Work (2003)
- Anatomy 2 (2003)
- Creep (2004)
- The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
- A Life in Suitcases (2005)
- Atomised (2006)
- Eichmann (2007)
- Romulus, My Father (2007)
- Che (2008)
- Small Lights (2010)
- Shanghai (2010)
- The Conjuring 2 (2016)
- Muse (2017)
- 25 km/h (2018)
- Between Worlds (2018)
- Princess Emmy (2019)
- Coming In (1997)
- Opernball (1998)
- The Shield (2006)
- The Bridge (2008)
- Manhunt (2008)
- House (2009)
- Psych (2010)
- Beate Uhse: Das Recht Auf Liebe (2011)
- The Sinking of the Laconia (2011)
- American Horror Story: Asylum (2012)
- Copper (2012)
- The Bridge (2014)
- Der Island-Krimi (2016)
- Dark Matter (2016)
- Taboo (2017)
- Claws (2018)
Franka Potente earns most of her living in the entertainment industry. Her income source is movies and TV series. Her estimated net worth is approximately USD 18 Million.
Franka Potente is married. Her spouse is Derek Richardson. They married in 2012. They have two children named Polly Richardson and Georgie Richardson.
Franka Potente is mainly known by her family name. Her nickname is Franka. She is a German citizen. Her hometown is in Munster, Germany. With great talent, she also has a beautiful appearance. She is 5 feet 7 inches or 1.74 meters tall. Franka’s weight is approximately 59 kg or 130 lbs.
Franka Potente has kept herself away from controversies.
She has no political background, and she is not involved in politics.
- Franka won the “Bavarian Film Award” for Best Young Actress in 1995.
- She won the “Bambi Award” for Best Actress in 1998.
- She was awarded the EFP Shooting Star Award at the Berlin International Film Festival.
- Franka was honored with the German Film Award in 1999.
- She got the German Film Award in 2000.
Some Unknown Facts About Franka Potente
- Franka Potente’s surname Potente means ‘powerful.’
- Her boyfriend was Tom Tykwer, who wrote Run Lola Run for Franka. They had a long-term relationship. In 2002, they broke up and ended their relationship.
- Franka is an expert in fencing.
- She can speak German, French, and English.
- Franka can play the flute and the violin.
- She was featured in 100 most influential young Germans in 2003 in Neon Magazine.
- The first book Franka wrote was “Los Angeles-Berlin. One Year” in 2005.
- In 2006, she wrote the script of a short movie titled “Digging for Belladonna.”