Suzette Quintanilla is a Mexican-American musician. Suzette is not only famous as a singer. But also familiar with playing the drums and percussion and provides backing vocals. Suzette Quintanilla is the sister of another famous singer Selena. Selena, dubbed “the Queen of Tejano Music,” performed until she died in 1995. Quintanilla’s singing career came to a halt after her sister died.
Suzette Quintanilla was born in Texas on June 29, 1967. Suzette is the daughter of Abraham Quintanilla Jr. Marcella Ofelia Samora. Suzette Quintanilla was the middle child of her parents. She has an older brother named A.B. Quintanilla III. Her father was a singer and songwriter. Mainly he encouraged his children to play music.
Suzette Quintanilla is 55 years old. In 1993, she married Bill Arriaga, a long-time boyfriend. Jovan, a son, born in 1998, is the couple’s first child. She has a pretty fat but healthy body. Suzette weighs around 68 kg, and her height is approximately 5 feet 8 inches. Suzette’s brown eyes and black hair are stunning.
Suzette Quintanilla’s father, Abraham Quintanilla Jr., was a member of the band “Los Dinos.” Suzette Quintanilla started her journey with her siblings. Before her journey, her father built his first Tex-Mex restaurant, Papa Gayo’s, in Lake Jackson, Texas, in 1980. She drummed while her brother, Abraham III, played bass guitar, and her sister, Selena, sang. Yet, due to a recession brought on by the 1980s oil glut, the restaurant was forced to close the following year.
And the family filed for bankruptcy. They were evicted from their house. And relocated to Corpus Christi, Texas, where they began playing on street corners, at weddings, quinceaneras. They also perform at fairs to make ends meet. Her father established the band ‘Selena y Los Dinos’ and later restored an old bus, dubbed ‘Big Bertha,’ to serve as their tour bus.
While they struggled at first to make enough money to keep the car running, the band’s fame grew. And signed them to Freddie Records for a record deal. Their full-length album, ‘Selena y Los Dinos – Mis Primeras Grabaciones,’ in 1984. It helped them attain public recognition. Selena earned the first of her eight straight ‘Female Vocalist of the Year’ accolades at the ‘Tejano Music Awards. Their third album, ‘Munequito De Trapo’ (Rag Doll), was familiar and showcased.
Before Selena was recruited as a solo artist by EMI Latin, the band released three more albums: ‘And The Winner Is…’ (1987), ‘Preciosa’ (Precious, 1988), and ‘Dulce Amor’ (Sweet Love, 1988). Suzette continued to perform in the family band with her siblings until Selena’s death. Her top listed songs are-
- Como la Flor
- Spoken Liner Notes By The Family
Jackie Guerra plays Suzette Quintanilla as an adult. And Victoria Elena Flores as a little girl in the 1997 film Selena.
Suzette Arriaga/Netflix series (main article)
Noemi Gonzalez plays Suzette Quintanilla as an adult. And Daniela Estrada as a young girl in the 2020 Netflix series Selena: The Series.
Here are some best highlights of Suzette Quintanilla’s career :
- Alpha (Album,1986)
- Preciosa (Album, 1988)
- Como la Flor (Song, 1992)
- Selena (Movie, 1997)
- Suzette attended the event unveiling the wax figure of Selena at Madame Tussauds Museum (2019)
Suzette Quintanilla, Selena Quintanilla’s sister, won the late singer’s GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award.
We didn’t find any information about Suzette Quintanilla’s relationship or her boyfriends.
Suzette has kept herself from rumours and controversy in her personal and professional life.
Some Unknown Facts About Suzette Quintanilla
- Suzette runs the Selena museum and works to preserve Selena’s legacy.
- Suzette enjoyed life on the road but feels like she missed out on some things.
- Suzette’s one of her favourite songs, “Ya Ves,” by her sister Selena.
- She cried while watching The Selena series.
- She Has A Big Social Media Following. She currently has more than 455,000 followers on Instagram and around 6.6k followers on Twitter.
- Suzette loves To spread positivity.
- She loved Jennifer Lopez’s portrayal of her sister. Countless biopics have been produced over the years. People close to the performers have spoken out on many occasions, claiming. So that they were either not consulted about the project or that it was not an accurate portrayal. That was not the case with Selena, a 1997 picture. Suzette was ecstatic with Jennifer Lopez’s account of her sister and the entire quality.
In 1993, she married Bill Arriaga, a long-time boyfriend. Jovan, a son, was born in 1998. They celebrated their 25 years of marriage anniversary in 2018.
Suzette Quintanilla’s net worth will reach about $3 million by 2022. She is an executive producer on Selena: The Series, a biographical drama Netflix broadcast the second instalment of the series on May 4, 2021. She is also in charge of licensing for other businesses, such as the Selena MAC Cosmetics Collection, a best seller.